In Battle mode Nightmare is a Villain who has to be defeated for rewards. Every victory gives a chance to get the Nightmare Tsum, among other prizes — the harder the difficulty, the bigger the chance.
Attacks & Abilities Edit
- Spark Attack — Nightmare's normal damaging attack.
- Hand Attack — Nightmare throws a lump of energy which deals damage.
- Invisibility — Nightmare becomes invisible, allowing him to easily move all over the board between the tsums. While he is in that state, he is not taking any damage. Hitting him with a Bomb would force him to instantly reappear; Skill AoEs, however, seem to not always get him out of Invisibility.
Coming back stronger Edit
The "Coming back stronger" message occurs after Nightmare is down to 25% HP, and he heals back to 75% after that. There's one special attack that only occurs after this point:
- Tsum removal — Nightmare removes random Tsums from the field. This attack doesn't do any damage and doesn't hinder the player in any way, so it's not really harmful, but might be a minor annoyance if you were making a long Chain.
Strategy EditNightmare is , so he is countered by a team of .
Don't forget that the more Tsums on your team have an advantage type over the villain, the bigger your advantage!
Don't forget that you can send Bombs to your partner during co-op by flicking them up quickly when the villain is not on your screen!
Tips & Tricks Edit
As far as the Battle bosses go, Nightmare is on the easier side. The only annoying thing about him is his invisibility state which he enters and reenters very quickly. Additionally, at least sometimes Skill AoEs seem to have no effect on invisible Nightmare.
- Do not use AoE Skills or Critical Bombs until Nightmare is out of Invisibility, because he will not receive damage from them! In fact, Skills may not even get Nightmare out of Invisibility.
- Since only Bombs can consistently remove Invisibility from Nightmare, a Tsum who spawns Bombs might be of use. For a full list of such Tsums, see here.